Without a competent publicist, one who is well-connected with the film media, your film stands little chance of succeeding. Hiring a publicist who has had no experience handling films will be a waste of money and valuable time. Remember: with the development of excellent low-cost cameras and post-production software, the market is now glutted with indie films all looking for that golden opportunity.
You’ll thus want your publicist to do the following:
* Contact and pitch all the major film critics. Good reviews are like money in the bank.
* Write and send compelling press releases.
* Set up interviews (when possible).
* Reach out to organizations and clubs to tout your film.
* Compile and distribute comprehensive and well-organized production notes.
Now the million-dollar question: where do you find such a publicist? One quick and sure answer is to book your film on our Digital 1 Media Services Program. It includes just such a publicist.
Comments are closed.